Local Brewers, International Flavors Opening This Month
RDU Airport, N.C. – Travelers will be able to enjoy locally-brewed beer, fresh made-to-order sandwiches, Asian cuisine and other international options at RDU starting this month, as six new concepts are set to launch in Terminal 2 beginning Saturday, Jan. 4.
“Travelers will have more dining options at RDU including locally-inspired choices, ethnic cuisines and two North Carolina breweries,” said David Freedman, Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority’s senior vice president and chief revenue officer. “These additions underscore our commitment to reimagine our concessions program throughout Terminal 2 and enhance the guest experience.”
Three concepts will open this weekend:
- Bond Brothers Beer Company (Gate C7, replacing Gordon Biersch): The Cary-based brewing company features both a local beer and spirits selection as well as a menu with some local flair.
- Cantina Grill (Gate C17, replacing Carolina Ale House): Diners can find everything from tacos and burgers to local beers and spirits at Cantina. Serving breakfast through dinner, the new restaurant also will feature vegan and gluten-free options.
- Raleigh Taproom (Gate D3, replacing Carolina Vintages): Since 2013, Raleigh Brewing has become Wake County’s third-largest production brewery. The Taproom features award-winning beers along with a full bar and a robust menu. RDU is also set to open the flagship Raleigh Brewing Tavern in Terminal 1 later this year.
The remaining new concessions locations, set to open mid-January, include:
- Deli & Co (Gate C9, replacing Brookwood Farms): Travelers visiting this location can enjoy locally sourced healthy, organic and made-to-order food options, as well as vegan and gluten-free selections.
- Rush Bowls (Gate D9, replacing Flavours): Those looking to balance “life on-the-go” with a healthy lifestyle will enjoy smoothies and bowls crafted from the finest fruit, topped with granola and honey and blended with protein, vitamins and other nutritious ingredients.
- Wow Bao (Gate C18, replacing A&W All American Food): The fast casual Asian concept delivers steamed dumplings, rice bowls and the iconic Bao – steamed hot Asian buns with a variety of savory and sweet fillings.
The Terminal 2 concessions launch is RDU’s first partnership with international travel catering vendor Areas in the US. Areas also will assume management of Bruegger’s Bagels and California Pizza Kitchen, which will remain in operation. California Pizza Kitchen now will offer beer and wine and an expanded menu, including fresh and creative breakfast, lunch and dinner options.
“We are so excited to be operating at Raleigh-Durham International in partnership with Uptown Restaurant Group,” said Sergio Rodríguez, CEO of Areas in the US. “Areas is committed to delivering a world class experience to travelers, and we plan to exceed the expectations of RDU travelers through quality local flair, amazing service, and great food.”
Travelers can visit RDU’s website to learn more about the variety of dining options in Terminals 1 and 2.