ParkRDU Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about parking at RDU. For a longer list of frequently asked questions regarding ParkRDU, download our ParkRDU FAQ document. For answers to other questions about RDU, visit our main Frequently Asked Questions page.
- What is ParkRDU?
- What are ParkRDU Premier, ParkRDU Central and ParkRDU Economy?
- What are the parking rates?
- What should I do if the parking areas near the terminals are full?
- Do you have long-term and short-term parking?
- What happened to hourly parking?
- Do you have a cell phone lot?
- How can I appeal a parking ticket?
- Who do I contact if I am mischarged?
- How frequently and how long does it take for buses to operate between ParkRDU Economy lots and the terminals?
- What if I have trouble entering or exiting the parking facility?
- I noticed damage to my car in an airport parking lot. Is the airport responsible?
- What is the status of ParkRDU’s Online Booking System?
What is ParkRDU?
ParkRDU is the parking program at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Our facilities provide you with easy, convenient parking options depending on the experience you want. Learn more.
What are ParkRDU Premier, ParkRDU Central and ParkRDU Economy?
- ParkRDU Premier features 1,000 parking spaces on the first level of the parking garage, for those wanting the ultimate ease and convenience.
- ParkRDU Central features more than 10,000 spaces within walking distance of the terminals and replaces what was known as hourly and daily parking.
- ParkRDU Economy is the new name for RDU’s Park and Ride Lots. These on-airport lots feature covered shelters, convenient shuttles and every day savings.
What are the parking rates?
- ParkRDU Premier:$3 per hour, up to 4 hours. $18/day
- ParkRDU Central:$2 per hour, up to 4 hours. $14/day
- ParkRDU Economy 3:$1 per hour, up to 4 hours day of entry. $7/day thereafter.
- ParkRDU Economy 4:$1 per hour, up to 4 hours day of entry. $6/day thereafter.
What should I do if the parking areas near the terminals are full?
When ParkRDU Premier and ParkRDU Central fill, use ParkRDU Economy 3 or ParkRDU Economy 4.
Do you have long-term and short-term parking?
RDU offers hourly (short-term) and daily (long-term) rates in each of our parking lots:
- ParkRDU Premier is located on the first covered level of the parking garage between Terminals 1 and 2. It offers the closest covered spaces to the terminals with the easiest entrance and exit paths.
- ParkRDU Central is the majority of the 10,000+ space parking garage between Terminals 1 and 2. It offers covered and uncovered spaces within a short walking distance of the terminals.
ParkRDU Economy comprises two parking lots located near major airport entrances. Access the terminals from these lots via a short, free shuttle ride.
What happened to hourly parking?
Hourly parking still exists and is available as an option in all of our parking locations. In fact, all of our lots charge customers an hourly rate for the first 4 hours before changing over to the daily rate.
Do you have a cell phone lot?
Yes, our complimentary cell phone lot is located just a short distance from the terminals. It is located across from Advantage Rent-a-Car. Access by following “Rental Car Return” signs upon arriving at the airport.
How can I appeal a parking ticket?
You can appeal a parking ticket received at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. This appeal form does not apply to moving violations received by RDU Police.
Who do I contact if I am mischarged?
Call RDU Parking at (919) 840-2140.
How frequently and how long does it take for buses to operate between ParkRDU Economy lots and the terminals?
On average, the buses run on a 20-minute schedule from the Economy lots and make stops at both terminals.
The Economy 3 lot is approximately 7 minutes to Terminal 1 and 10 minutes to Terminal 2 by shuttle bus.
The Economy 4 lot is approximately 7 minutes to Terminal 2 and 11 minutes to Terminal 1 by shuttle bus.
What if I have trouble entering or exiting the parking facility?
RDU has a 24-hour support system in place to address any glitches and keep you moving throughout our facilities. If you have an issue entering or exiting a parking facility, we have customer service representatives standing by to respond to intercom calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We have also hired additional staff to improve customer service. This helps ensure that even during times of high traveler volume, it’s easy for customers to get in and out of our parking facilities and on to their next destination.
I noticed damage to my car in an airport parking lot. Is the airport responsible?
Unfortunately, the airport is not responsible for damage to vehicles upon entering airport lots.
What is the status of ParkRDU’s Online Booking System?
Our online booking system is currently in beta testing.