ParkRDU Frequently Asked Questions
Update: RDU has temporarily consolidated its parking operations in response to COVID-19 impacts.
Until further notice:
- Guests should park at ParkRDU Central or Premier, conveniently located in the garage between Terminals 1 and 2.
- The daily maximum Central rate is discounted to $10/day.
- All remote lots – Economy 3, Economy 4 and Park Express – are temporarily closed.
- Payment collection is now automated. Cash will only be accepted at pay-on-foot stations located at entry points to the deck.
ParkRDU offers “contactless” technology that allows guests to pay for parking without interacting with a cashier. Guests should book parking at least 24 hours in advance using RDU’s online booking system. The entrance gate opens with a QR code; and a license plate reader automatically opens the gate at exit. There are also credit card scanners at every entry and exit lane that allow guests to pay with mobile apps, while pay-on-foot kiosks allow guests to pay with their smart phones and watches. Guests may choose to park without booking parking online.
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about parking at RDU. For answers to other questions about RDU, visit our main Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Are your shuttles all 24/7 or are there specific times for certain shuttles?
- How do I request a receipt for parking?
- If I booked my parking online and the lot is full, can I still enter when I arrive?
- Am I able to cancel or modify my online booking?
- What is ParkRDU?
- What are ParkRDU Premier, ParkRDU Central, ParkRDU Express and ParkRDU Economy?
- What are the parking rates?
- What should I do if the parking areas near the terminals are full?
- Do you have long-term and short-term parking?
- What happened to hourly parking?
- Do you have a cell phone lot?
- How can I appeal a parking ticket?
- Who do I contact if I am mischarged?
- How frequently and how long does it take for buses to operate between ParkRDU Economy lots and the terminals?
- What if I have trouble entering or exiting the parking facility?
- What is the status of ParkRDU’s Online Booking System?
Are your shuttles all 24/7 or are there specific times for certain shuttles?
All of our shuttles operate 24/7.
How do I request a receipt for parking?
For ParkRDU receipt requests, please email RDU.Receipt.Requests@RDU.com.
If I booked my parking online and the lot is full, can I still enter when I arrive?
Yes. By booking your parking online, you are guaranteed entry into your lot, even if it is “full” to drive-up parkers.
Am I able to cancel or modify my online booking?
Your ability to make cancellations, changes, and to receive a refund may vary depending on your Booking type. Cancellations and amendments may be made to your Booking by clicking “Manage My Booking” and selecting the relevant option(s).
If you purchased Cancellation Protection, you may change your Booking or cancel your Booking at any time and receive a refund for any unused portion of the Booking.
You may cancel your Booking at any time up to 24 hours before the beginning of the Booking period (your Booking arrival time) and receive a full refund. There will be no refunds for changes made less than 24 hours before the beginning of the Booking period (your Booking arrival time) unless you have Cancellation Protection.
When changing a Booking, if the purchase price for the new requested Booking period or product exceeds the purchase price for the original Booking, you will be required to pay the difference between these amounts. When the purchase price for the new requested Booking period or product is less than the purchase price for the original Booking, you will be refunded the difference between these amounts.
From time to time, the Authority may offer special promotional parking rates. These rates are based on a specific set of arrival and departure times. Bookings at these rates can be cancelled as described above, but cannot be changed. If cancelled, you can make a new reservation at the ParkRDU rates currently available.
What is ParkRDU?
ParkRDU is the parking program at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Our facilities provide you with easy, convenient parking options depending on the experience you want. Learn more.
What are ParkRDU Premier, ParkRDU Central, ParkRDU Express and ParkRDU Economy?
- ParkRDU Premier features 1,000 parking spaces on the first level of the parking garage, for those wanting the ultimate ease and convenience.
- ParkRDU Central features more than 10,000 spaces within walking distance of the terminals and replaces what was known as hourly and daily parking.
- ParkRDU Express is the airport’s newest mid-priced parking option, offering shuttle service every 5 minutes at your vehicle, luggage assistance, and complimentary bottled water.
- ParkRDU Economy lots feature covered shelters, convenient shuttles and every day savings.
What are the parking rates?
- ParkRDU Premier:$3 per hour, up to 4 hours. $22/day
- ParkRDU Central:$2 per hour, up to 4 hours. $15/day
- ParkRDU Express: $2 per hour, up to 4 hours. $12/day
- ParkRDU Economy 3:$1 per hour, up to 4 hours day of entry. $8/day thereafter.
- ParkRDU Economy 4:$1 per hour, up to 4 hours day of entry. $7/day thereafter.
What should I do if the parking areas near the terminals are full?
When ParkRDU Premier and ParkRDU Central fill, use ParkRDU Express, Economy 3 or ParkRDU Economy 4.
Do you have long-term and short-term parking?
RDU offers hourly (short-term) and daily (long-term) rates in each of our parking lots:
- ParkRDU Premier is located on the first covered level of the parking garage between Terminals 1 and 2. It offers the closest covered spaces to the terminals with the easiest entrance and exit paths.
- ParkRDU Central is the majority of the 10,000+ space parking garage between Terminals 1 and 2. It offers covered and uncovered spaces within a short walking distance of the terminals.
- ParkRDU Express (opens May 1, 2019) is just a 5-minute shuttle ride to the terminals and offers complimentary luggage assistance. This lot is located on International Drive near general aviation facilities.
- ParkRDU Economy comprises two parking lots located near major airport entrances. Access the terminals from these lots via a short, free shuttle ride.
What happened to hourly parking?
Hourly parking still exists and is available as an option in all of our parking locations. In fact, all of our lots charge customers an hourly rate for the first 4 hours before changing over to the daily rate.
Do you have a cell phone lot?
Yes, our complimentary cell phone lot is located just a short distance from the terminals. It is located across from Advantage Rent-a-Car. Access by following “Rental Car Return” signs upon arriving at the airport.
How can I appeal a parking ticket?
You can appeal a parking ticket received at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. This appeal form does not apply to moving violations received by RDU Police.
Who do I contact if I am mischarged?
Call RDU Parking at (919) 840-7587.
How frequently and how long does it take for buses to operate between ParkRDU Economy lots and the terminals?
On average, the buses run on a 20-minute schedule from the Economy lots and make stops at both terminals.
The Economy 3 lot is approximately 7 minutes to Terminal 1 and 10 minutes to Terminal 2 by shuttle bus.
The Economy 4 lot is approximately 7 minutes to Terminal 2 and 11 minutes to Terminal 1 by shuttle bus.
What if I have trouble entering or exiting the parking facility?
RDU has a 24-hour support system in place to address any glitches and keep you moving throughout our facilities. If you have an issue entering or exiting a parking facility, we have customer service representatives standing by to respond to intercom calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We have also hired additional staff to improve customer service. This helps ensure that even during times of high traveler volume, it’s easy for customers to get in and out of our parking facilities and on to their next destination.
What is the status of ParkRDU’s Online Booking System?
You can now book your parking online at www.parkrdu.com.