RDU Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your questions in the following areas about traveling through Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
- Terminal Information
- Does RDU have CLEAR?
- Do I need a REAL ID to travel?
- Lost and Found
- Hours of Operation
- Ground Transportation
- Picking Up Arriving Passengers
- Baggage and Cargo
- Airport Services
- Where are the TTY services located in the Terminals?
Find TTY services at our information desks, located in bag claim.
- Does RDU have Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs)?
Find AED units throughout the airport. When opened, AED cabinets trigger an automatic response by first responders.
- Where can I exchange my foreign currency?
Travelex Worldwide Money offices are located in Terminal 2 on the ticketing and bag claim levels. You can also find foreign currency ATMs on the Terminal 2 concourse.
- Where is there a U.S. Post Office mailbox at RDU?
There is a U.S. Post Office mailbox outside of Terminal 2 on the curb outside Bag Claim 5.
Does RDU have CLEAR?
Yes, CLEAR’s identity verification services are available at RDU, in both Terminals 1 and 2. Not familiar with CLEAR? The verification service allows guests to verify you are you with your eyes or fingerprint instead of waiting to show government issued photo I.D.
Both Terminals 1 and 2 features CLEAR verification kiosks and expedited lanes. Look for the kiosks pre-security in the ticketing area.
It’s easy to sign up: just check out one of the CLEAR verification kiosks in person at RDU, or visit ClearMe.com to sign up online.
CLEAR operating hours:
- Terminal 1
- CLEAR Lane for standard security: 4 a.m. – 7:45 p.m. daily
- CLEAR Lane for PreCheck-eligible travelers: 4 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 4 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Terminal 2
- CLEAR Lane for standard and PreCheck-eligible travelers: 4 a.m. – 7:45 pm daily
Do I need a REAL ID to travel?
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has required that all states and US territories begin issuing new, more secure identification for air travel and for accessing federal buildings and military installations. For most states, including North Carolina, this requirement goes into effect May 2025. Residents for some states may require an additional form of ID.
North Carolina residents should visit the N.C. Department of Motor Vehicles Real ID page for more information on how to obtain a Real ID. To receive a Real ID designated driver license, residents must bring additional forms of identification to the DMV during an in-person visit. After May 2023, N.C. residents without Real ID will need additional forms of identification to fly.
- Can I smoke at the airport?
RDU is a smoke-free airport. Smoking is prohibited in all public areas, which includes all restaurants and bars. Designated smoking locations are located and marked with signs outside the terminals. You can located the designated smoking areas on the Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 directories by the symbol.
What are the procedures at the security checkpoint?
Learn more about navigating the security checkpoint at RDU.
When does the TSA Checkpoint open?
The TSA opens security checkpoints at 4 a.m. each day. They close after the last departing flight.
What if I forget I have a prohibited item until I’m at the security checkpoint?
Airport Mailers, a self-serve packaging kiosk is located at both checkpoints and allows you to mail items from the checkpoint area to your final destination or home.
Does RDU participate in the Global Entry or TSA Pre-trusted traveler programs?
RDU is a location for both TSA Pre✓™ and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Global Entry trusted traveler program.
Can I apply for TSA Pre-Check locally?
Yes. There is a TSA Pre✓™ office located in Terminal 2, near Bag Claim 5. Find operating hours below:
- Monday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
Who do I contact regarding airport security and screening complaints?
The federal Transportation Security Administration oversees the security checkpoint.
Transportation Security Administration
Phone: (866) 289-9673
Fax: (202) 493-1225
Send Letters to:
TSA Consumer Response Center
Room 3013 GSA Building
400 Seventh St. S.W.
Washington, DC 20590
- What are the rules for traveling with pets?
View tips for traveling with pets at RDU. Pets must be crated at all times inside the terminals. A pet relief area is located outdoors on each terminal’s bag claim level. View our terminal directories for exact locations.
View our comprehensive Parking Frequently Asked Questions page.
Lost and Found
- Who do I contact about an item lost in the terminals?
Lost and Found items are managed by the RDU Police Department. Learn more about Lost and Found at RDU.
Hours of Operation
- What time does the airport open?
The airport is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- What time do the ticket counters open?
Most ticket counters open at about 4:30 a.m. Contact your airline for specific operating schedules.
- What time do the security checkpoints open?
The security checkpoint opens at 4 a.m. in both terminals. Learn about navigating security at RDU.
- How much time should I allow myself to make my flight?
Please allow two hours for parking, airline check-in and security screening.
- When do the shops at RDU open?
Many of The Shops of RDU are open 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. The Starbucks located pre-security in Terminal 2 is open 24/7, 365 days per year. Explore the Shops of RDU to learn more.
- What are the hours of the meditation room?
The meditation room is located in the Terminal 2 Ticketing Lobby. It is open 24/7, 365 days per year.
- What hotels are located near the airport?
View a list of hotels permitted to pick-up and drop-off passengers at RDU.
- What time do the shuttles operate from the parking lots?
Learn more about our ParkRDU Economy lots.
- Who provides ground transportation to and from the airport?
Many companies are permitted to provide transportation to and from RDU. Learn more about Ground Transportation at RDU.
- How do I get a taxi at RDU and what times are they available?
RDU Taxi is the only authorized taxi service from RDU. Taxis are available on the terminal curbs for all arriving flights, or you can make a reservation by calling (919) 840-7277.
- What time do RDU’s restaurants open?
Locations offering breakfast open between 4:30 – 6 a.m. while others open between 9 – 10:30 a.m. Explore the restaurants of the Shops of RDU.
- Where can I get a newspaper at RDU?
Newspapers are available at retail stores in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, as well as at coin-operated racks in both terminals.
- What food is available pre-security?
There are two pre-security restaurants in Terminal 2: Starbucks and Panopolis. A pre-security Starbucks is open in Terminal 1.
Picking Up Arriving Passengers
- Where can I meet passengers inside the terminals?
There are designated meeting locations in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Learn more about meeting/greeting arriving passengers.
- Does RDU have a Cell Phone Lot?
The airport’s free Cell Phone Lot is located in the rental car area.
Baggage and Cargo
- Is curbside check-in available?
Yes. Curbside check-in is available through skycap services for select airlines.
- Where do I find my lost bags? What if my bags were damaged?
Contact your airline for questions about lost or damaged luggage. Airlines have bag service offices located in the bag claim areas of Terminal 1and Terminal 2.
- How many bags are allowed to be carry-on and checked?
Contact your airline to learn about its specific policy regarding carry-on and checked baggage.
- What are the size and weight limitations for carryon baggage and checked luggage?
Contact your airline to learn about size and weight limitations.
- Where is the FedEx or other overnight package delivery drop off box?
The FedEx drop-off box is located at the FedEx cargo facility. Services are not available in the terminals.
- Where do I pick up a cargo package?
Each airline has a cargo facility on airport property. Contact your airline to learn its specific location. View locations of cargo facilities for commercial aircraft.
- How can I get wheelchair assistance once I arrive at RDU?
There are several ways to obtain a wheelchair at the airport:
- If you are flying in, please let your flight attendant know before landing.
- Ask any skycap on the terminal curbside. They will contact your airline’s representative to bring one to your car.
- Call ahead to RDU’s Guest Experience team at (919) 840-2123.
- Visit the information desks, located in the bag claim area in each terminal.
- Where are handicap spaces located in the RDU parking lots?
Universally accessible parking spaces are available throughout the RDU parking garage and Park & Ride lots. These spaces are located near elevators and terminal entryways. All shuttles from the park & ride lots are lift-equipped.
- How do I get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2?
Free shuttle bus service is available for passengers going from one terminal to the other. Or, you can easily walk between our terminals, which is about a 5-10 minute walk.
From Destination Shuttle Bus Terminal 2Terminal 1Lot 4 Bus Terminal 1Terminal 2 Lot 3 Bus