RDU enjoys a vibrant General Aviation community that is managed by two Fixed-Based Operators, or FBOs for short. Both FBOs support the needs of private aviation for the Research Triangle Region and continue to thrive at RDU.
The current FBO lease with the Authority is set to expire March 31, 2022. The Authority and its FBO partners are exploring an agreement extension with minor service adjustments. As steps are taken to finalize this extension with TAC Air and Signature Flight Services, public input on the proposed changes is welcomed from all RDU general aviation users.
The agreements require the FBOs to provide a variety of services to general aviation users, including aircraft fueling, de-icing, maintenance, charters and more. General aviation tenants and users have the opportunity to learn more through upcoming public discussion meetings, and may email feedback directly to the Authority as follows:
- Direct feedback or seek information on proposed changes via email to email@example.com
- All feedback should be emailed no later than Wednesday, Sept. 29 by 5:00 p.m. (ET).
- Attend an upcoming in-person public meeting:
- Tuesday, Sept. 28 from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. at Signature Flight Services, located at 1775 East International Dr., Morrisville, NC 27560
- Wednesday, Sept. 29 from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. at TAC Air, located at 1750 East International Dr., Morrisville, NC 27560
The proposed revisions are generally minimal, and the Authority encourages all general aviation users to learn more and share their input. Feedback on input received and final lease agreement language will be shared via email to all stakeholders that submit input.