RDU Airport, N.C. – Warmer weather is upon us at Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU). With the rising temperatures and flights traveling to more destinations than ever, we anticipate an increase in volume for the year ahead.
Due to increases in passenger traffic, we encourage passengers to arrive at least 90 minutes before their departure time. When you arrive for flights this spring, you will encounter changes to our most popular parking facility, the garage between Terminals 1 and 2.
We are making improvements to the main parking facility that require some spaces to be emptied,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Michael Landguth. “The work will be complete in early April, but even with the return of these spaces, passenger growth will trigger the main parking facility to fill quickly which could require passengers to park in our Park & Ride lots. So we are encouraging passengers to arrive at least 90 minutes in advance.
For the most up-to-date parking information, check our Twitter account (@RDUAirport) and our website (RDU.com). Roadside message signs have also been deployed near airport entrances alerting passengers to changes in the main parking garage status.
Part of the increase in traffic is due to new flights. We are excited to offer new service to Cancun, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Orlando, Salt Lake City and, of course, Paris on May 12.
As you travel in 2016, keep these tips in mind:
- Plan to arrive at RDU at least 90 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure time, regardless of your destination.
- Check your flight status on RDU.com.
- Watch changeable roadway message signs for parking garage status information.
- Try our Park & Ride lots if you haven’t done so before.
- Make sure you are ready for the TSA Checkpoint.
- Keep in mind that most flights begin the boarding process at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.