Frequently Asked RDU Parking Questions
Below, find answers to the most frequently asked questions about parking at RDU. Visit our main Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to other questions about RDU.
- How do I know if I am in a daily or hourly parking area?
- If the top level of Terminal 2 Hourly is full, where should I park?
- What should I do if the daily parking areas near the terminals are full?
- Do you have long-term or short-term parking?
- Do you have a cell phone lot?
- Who do I contact if I am mischarged?
- How can I appeal a parking ticket?
How do I know if I am in a daily or hourly parking area?
At the garage entry plaza, signs at each ticket dispenser indicate the type of parking and the rates for that location. Your parking ticket will also indicate either hourly or daily parking. If you enter a lot in error, drive to the exit and follow the signs that say “Return to Parking” to re-enter the lot. Visits under 15 minutes are free.
If the top level of Terminal 2 Hourly is full, where should I park?
Upon entering the Terminal 2 Hourly parking area, take your first ramp to the left to head down to two additional levels of parking. A set of elevators and stairs on each level will return you to the main level for terminal access.
What should I do if the daily parking areas near the terminals are full?
On the rare occasions when daily parking fills, signs will guide you to our Park & Ride 3.
Do you have long-term or short-term parking?
RDU offers motorists three parking options.
- Hourly Parking, located in the garage between Terminals 1 and 2, is perfect for meeting or accompanying passengers inside the terminals or for other visits less than 12 hours.
- Daily Parking, located in the garage between Terminals 1 and 2, is a great long-term parking option close to the terminals.
- Park & Ride lots offer an economical long-term option with more than 5,000 spaces just a short shuttle ride from the terminals.
Do you have a cell phone lot?
Yes, our complimentary cell phone lot is located just a short distance from the terminals.
Who do I contact if I am mischarged?
Call RDU Parking at (919) 840-2140.
How can I appeal a parking ticket?
You can appeal a parking ticket received at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. This appeal form does not apply to moving violations received by RDU Police.