Departing/Arriving at RDU
Planning your great adventure? Plan each step of your journey to ensure the best experience when flying from or into Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
Departing From RDU
Arrive at least 2 hours before your flight. Did you know? Most airlines begin boarding 30-45 minutes before departure. Arrive early to start your journey stress-free!
What time does it open?
- ParkRDU lots are open 24/7
- Airline ticket counters generally open at 4 a.m.
- The TSA Security Checkpoint opens at 4:30 a.m.
- The Shops of RDU are open from 4:30 a.m. through last departing flights
Parking made easy. You can’t find closer, better parking than our Premier, Central and Economy lots.
- Decide which lot is right for you.
- Each lot has both hourly and daily rates.
Be ready for the TSA checkpoint/ security screening
- Don’t wrap gifts before you fly.
- Brush up on screening tips.
- Help is available for passengers with challenges.
Relax before your flight!
- Explore The Shops of RDU
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the terminals
Assistance is available. Find out about traveling with disabilities from RDU.
Arriving at RDU
Make curbside pick-up easy and stress-free
- RDU has a free Cell Lot located near I-40
- Claim your bags before telling your ride to head to the terminal curb
Find assistance when you arrive
- Find RDU information desks in bag claim of each terminal
- Information desks are staffed from 5:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. every day
Complete your journey with ground transportation
- Rental Cars use a shuttle system, just outside of bag claim
- Uber/Lyft are available at RDU