Refresh. It’s what we’re doing.
To keep pace with the region’s rapid growth, Raleigh-Durham International Airport is kicking off campus-wide improvements that will refresh and improve the RDU travel experience.
The first renovations began in September 2018, with updates to parking facilities, roadways and terminals.
Top Travel Tips
- Work on John Brantley Blvd. continues in the highlighted area just south of Terminal 2 depicted on the map pictured right – this is the last phase of John Brantley Blvd. construction prior to the holidays
- Temporary lane closures in the highlighted area will be in effect during off-peak travel times, be sure to watch for crews and construction signage; use caution while driving in these areas and when exiting the parking garage
- Picking someone up? Be sure to use our free Cell Lot while you wait to alleviate curbside congestion and roadway traffic as you exit the airport
ParkRDU Economy 3 Repaving
- Beginning in September, approximately 33% of Economy 3 will be unavailable as crews work to refresh pavement in this parking lot
- Phase 1 repaving in Economy 3 will conclude prior to the Thanksgiving holiday; Subsequent phases will begin in Spring 2019
- Travelers are encouraged to check parking status prior to heading to the airport and pre-book their parking online at least 24 hrs. in advance
Stay Informed, Connect Before You Jet
- Pack some extra time, we’re working to keep your airport world-class.
- Even if you’re used to getting through the airport quickly, arrive at least two hours before your flight to get to your gate with plenty of time to relax.
- Picking someone up? Be sure to follow roadway construction signage and utilize the cell phone lot to make curbside pick-up a bit easier.
Eyes on the Sky
- As you’re navigating through our campus, keep an eye out for construction signage that will help keep you moving through RDU with ease.
- As you travel airport roadways, you may notice lane closures or other construction-related changes. Keep an eye out for signage that can help you navigate these changes.
- Before you leave for the airport, be sure to check parking status here at RDU.com.
- Are you planning to ParkRDU? Stay on top of any construction-related impacts and take advantage of our online booking beta test. Book online and take advantage of special promotions during the beta test period.
- Picking someone up? Take advantage of our cell lot to to make curbside pick-up a bit easier.
Construction Project Status Tracker
John Brantley Blvd. Repaving
We're repaving RDU's main roadway to keep your airport experience world-class. Work on this project will occur in phases, be sure to check back here for impact specifics.17%
ParkRDU Economy 3 Refresh
We're resurfacing our most frequently used Economy parking facility to enhance your weekend getaways. Work on this project will occur in phases, be sure to check back here for impact specifics.25%
Terminal 2 Gate Area Carpet Replacement
We're re-carpeting our gate areas to keep pace with the 12 million passengers traveling through RDU each year. Work on this project occurs overnight and in gate areas not in use to keep our facility operating with customers in mind.45%
Terminal 2 Checkpoint Expansion - Beginning November 2018
We're increasing the amount of security checkpoint lines in Terminal 2 to enhance your airport experience.0%