Refresh. It’s what we’re doing.
To keep pace with the region’s rapid growth, Raleigh-Durham International Airport is kicking off campus-wide improvements that will refresh and improve the RDU travel experience.
Stay Informed, Connect Before You Jet
- Pack some extra time, we’re working to keep your airport world-class.
- Even if you’re used to getting through the airport quickly, arrive at least two hours before your flight to get to your gate with plenty of time to relax.
- Picking someone up? Be sure to follow roadway construction signage and utilize the cell phone lot to make curbside pick-up a bit easier.
Eyes on the Sky
- As you’re navigating through our campus, keep an eye out for construction signage that will help keep you moving through RDU with ease.
- As you travel airport roadways, you may notice lane closures or other construction-related changes. Keep an eye out for signage that can help you navigate these changes.
- Before you leave for the airport, be sure to check parking status here at RDU.com.
- Are you planning to ParkRDU? Stay on top of any construction-related impacts and take advantage of our online booking beta test. Book online and take advantage of special promotions during the beta test period.
- Picking someone up? Take advantage of our cell lot to to make curbside pick-up a bit easier.
Construction Project Status Tracker
Roadway Signage Replacement
Way-finding signage replacement is now underway across the RDU campus to make it easier for our customers and community to navigate the airport. This project will include the installation of new traditional and electronic variable message signage on airport roadways.85%
Terminal 2 Checkpoint Expansion, Phase I
We added two new lanes to the Terminal 2 security checkpoint to increase queuing space and make getting to your gate even easier. The new lanes were opened for use six weeks ahead of schedule and just ahead of the peak summer travel season.100%
Terminal 2 Checkpoint Expansion, Phase II
Another security checkpoint expansion is underway to accommodate the increasing number of passengers flying through RDU. Currently in the design and planning phase, two additional lanes will be built at the Terminal 2 checkpoint to bring the total to 14.15%
John Brantley Blvd. Repaving
We repaved RDU’s main roadway to relieve traffic congestion and keep your airport experience world-class.100%
Parking Garage Improvements
RDU has kicked off a year-plus campaign to improve the elevators, escalators and passenger walkways in our parking garage. Travelers will find signage informing them about the construction that is currently underway. Working elevators will be just steps away to ensure customers have all the access they need.40%