Refresh. It’s what we’re doing.
To keep pace with the region’s rapid growth, Raleigh-Durham International Airport is kicking off campus-wide improvements that will refresh and improve the RDU travel experience.
Please Note: Roadway and ParkRDU Economy 3 construction have paused for the holiday season. Work on these projects will resume in Spring 2019.
Stay Informed, Connect Before You Jet
- Pack some extra time, we’re working to keep your airport world-class.
- Even if you’re used to getting through the airport quickly, arrive at least two hours before your flight to get to your gate with plenty of time to relax.
- Picking someone up? Be sure to follow roadway construction signage and utilize the cell phone lot to make curbside pick-up a bit easier.
Eyes on the Sky
- As you’re navigating through our campus, keep an eye out for construction signage that will help keep you moving through RDU with ease.
- As you travel airport roadways, you may notice lane closures or other construction-related changes. Keep an eye out for signage that can help you navigate these changes.
- Before you leave for the airport, be sure to check parking status here at RDU.com.
- Are you planning to ParkRDU? Stay on top of any construction-related impacts and take advantage of our online booking beta test. Book online and take advantage of special promotions during the beta test period.
- Picking someone up? Take advantage of our cell lot to to make curbside pick-up a bit easier.
Construction Project Status Tracker
Roadway Signage Replacement
Way-finding signage replacement is now underway across the RDU campus to make it easier for our customers and community to navigate the airport. This project will include the installation of new traditional and electronic variable message signage on airport roadways.11%
Terminal 2 Checkpoint Expansion
We're adding two additional lanes to the Terminal 2 security checkpoint and increasing queuing space to make getting to your gate even easier. This project is scheduled to be completed in May 2019.36%
John Brantley Blvd. Repaving - Paused for Holidays*
We're repaving RDU's main roadway to keep your airport experience world-class. Work on this project will occur in phases, be sure to check back here for impact specifics.
*All construction is on hold until Spring 2019 to ease congestion during peak travel season.25%