Refresh. It’s what we’re doing.
To keep pace with the region’s rapid growth, Raleigh-Durham International Airport is kicking off campus-wide improvements that will refresh and improve the RDU travel experience.
The first renovations begin in the next two months, with updates to parking facilities, roadways and terminals.
Travel Tips for Today
- John Brantley Blvd. has a two-lane closure near the exit of Terminal 2 in the highlighted area depicted on the map
- The left two lanes in the highlighted area depicted are closed; if turning left in this area, use caution and watch for flag workers
- Crews will be working throughout the day; you can expect to see work zone signage, cones, barrels, and traffic controllers
- If you’re exiting airport property on John Brantley Blvd. or leaving the parking garage, use extra caution in this area
ParkRDU Economy 3 Repaving
- Beginning in September, approximately 33% of Economy 3 will be unavailable as crews work to refresh pavement in this parking lot
- Phase 1 repaving in Economy 3 will conclude prior to the Thanksgiving holiday; Subsequent phases will begin in Spring 2019
- Travelers are encouraged to check parking status prior to heading to the airport and pre-book their parking online at least 24 hrs. in advance
Stay Informed, Connect Before You Jet
- Pack some extra time, we’re working to keep your airport world-class.
- Even if you’re used to getting through the airport quickly, arrive at least two hours before your flight to get to your gate with plenty of time to relax.
- Picking someone up? Be sure to follow roadway construction signage and utilize the cell phone lot to make curbside pick-up a bit easier.
Eyes on the Sky
- As you’re navigating through our campus, keep an eye out for construction signage that will help keep you moving through RDU with ease.
- As you travel airport roadways, you may notice lane closures or other construction-related changes. Keep an eye out for signage that can help you navigate these changes.
- Before you leave for the airport, be sure to check parking status here at RDU.com.
- Are you planning to ParkRDU? Stay on top of any construction-related impacts and take advantage of our online booking beta test. Book online and take advantage of special promotions during the beta test period.
- Picking someone up? Take advantage of our cell lot to to make curbside pick-up a bit easier.
Construction Project Status Tracker
John Brantley Blvd. Repaving - Beginning August 2018
We're repaving RDU's main roadway to keep your airport experience world-class. Work on this project will occur in phases, be sure to check back here for impact specifics.9%
ParkRDU Economy 3 Refresh - Beginning September 2018
We're resurfacing our most frequently used Economy parking facility to enhance your weekend getaways. Work on this project will occur in phases, be sure to check back here for impact specifics.0%
Terminal 2 Checkpoint Expansion - Beginning November 2018
We're increasing the amount of security checkpoint lines in Terminal 2 to enhance your airport experience.0%