Summer is here and demand for air travel and parking is soaring at Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU).
Flying, staying in a hotel, getting your hair cut, playing golf – all have something in common: booking an appointment. Capacity and demand rule. There is a perception that ParkRDU facilities have an endless supply of available spaces. Somehow arriving passengers magically free up spaces exactly when someone new wants to park, especially in the garage.
What changed? More airlines, destinations, flights, passengers and people seeking to park in the same areas at the same time. May marked 51 consecutive months of passenger growth at RDU with a record breaking 1.2 million travelers. We are experiencing peak holiday levels daily, and in 2018 we are on pace to exceed 13 million passengers served.
Mondays through Thursdays the 11,250 spaces in Central and Premier are frequently at capacity. FULL means FULL.
Plan, Click, Pay for Easy, Breezy Parking
At most airports, drive-up Parking is available only on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking in your preferred lot at RDU is not guaranteed – until now. On June 12th, customers began beta testing the parking online booking system. At rdu.com, customers can schedule and pre-pay for parking in any ParkRDU facility at least 24 hours or more in advance of when they need to park. Bookings require a minimum 24-hour stay.
Benefits of Booking Parking Online
- Guaranteed entry and parking in your chosen facility.
- By-pass RDU’s electronic roadway signs that reflect capacity. Access restrictions only apply to drive-up customers. If you book online and pre-pay, we will save you a space.
- Access set-aside spots for pre-booked parkers on Level 6 in the Central garage, using Central entrance lanes 3-7 (counting left to right). Or, park in any open Central space. Premier customers must enter and exit via Premier lanes.
- Purchase Cancellation Protection when you book for flexibility to make changes before arriving at RDU or if your plans change. For full details, see Terms and Conditions.
- Print or bring the confirmation QR code on your phone. Scan it at the entrance and exit plazas. The QR code allows a single entry/exit and is linked to your vehicle.
- Arrive to park up to 2 hours prior to your pre-booked time. And, if your return flight is delayed or you overstay, any additional charges will appear at the exit when you scan your code. Just pay the difference and go.
- By-pass the payment machines for Central and Premier. Only scan your code at the entrance and exit plazas.
- Manage your account, print receipts and track usage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Select “Create Account” on the booking page. Log in each time you book Parking at RDU.
- Call 919-840-2140 for booking assistance.
- Use Cash/Assistance lane at exit plaza if you do not have your bar code or your phone battery is dead.
Exclusive specials for qualifying Central and Economy 4 beta testers:
- Book online, arrive & park in Central by noon on Friday and exit by noon on Monday. We’ll take $5 off your daily rate in Central.*
- At ParkRDU Economy 4, book online for 7 days or more and every 7th day is on us.**
Over the next several months, pre-booked customer insights will help RDU evaluate and adjust the system, as needed.
Drive-up customers may use any ParkRDU facility with accessible drive-up spaces. Pre-booking is not required. However, drive-up access is subject to capacity constraints. Priority will be given to and spaces set aside for use by pre-booked Parking customers. Use the Parking Tracker on our home page to check facility capacity levels.
Join our beta testers and book parking online. We’ll save you a spot in your favorite lot.
*Minimum 2-day stay required
**Minimum 7-day stay required