Volunteer at RDU!
Since 1997, RDU’s Navigators volunteer program has contributed more than 200,000 hours to RDU customers. Navigators provide passenger assistance and answer questions from individuals traveling through Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Identified by RDU-branded vests, Navigators can be found throughout the airport working side by side with staff to better-serve our customers.
Are you looking to volunteer at the USO of North Carolina, located in Terminal 2? Please call (919) 840-0941 for information about volunteer opportunities with the USO of North Carolina.
Become a Navigator at RDU
The airport is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, regardless of weather conditions. RDU’s Information Desks operate from 5:30 a.m. to midnight every day. Navigators are asked to donate at least one four-hour shift per week.
Navigators must be able to:
- Work well with people
- Assist others
- Possess good communication skills
- Be reliable and committed
- Meet the demands of working in a dynamic and spacious airport environment
Navigators may be responsible for:
- Responding to inquiries for flight information and assistance
- Providing directions to and from the airport to local tourist attractions and landmarks
- Providing information on accessing airport services and navigating the terminals and airport grounds
- Answering questions on transportation, hotel, dining and shopping options
- Passing along customer comments
Navigators must complete an orientation that covers:
- Airline information
- Passenger support services
- Airport facility information and emergency procedures
- Local area information
Benefits of Volunteering at RDU
- Discounts on airport gift or food items
- Free parking in the employee parking lot
- Special recognition functions and service awards
- On-the-job accidental injury insurance coverage
Join RDU’s Team of Navigators
Becoming a volunteer is a rewarding experience. If you have an interest in helping others and in becoming a part of the airport community, please complete our online application, express your interest via email or call (919) 840-7425 and we will contact you when we have openings.
Volunteer Ambassador Program
RDU International Airport
Attn. Dave Johnson, Guest Services Administrator
P.O. Box 80001
RDU Airport, NC 27623