Volunteer at RDU!
Since 1997, the Volunteer Ambassadors Program has contributed more than 200,000 hours to RDU customers. Volunteer Ambassadors provide passenger assistance and answer questions from individuals traveling through Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Identified by RDU-branded vests, volunteers can be found throughout the airport working side by side with staff to better-serve our customers.
Are you looking to volunteer at the USO of North Carolina, located in Terminal 2? Please call (919) 840-0941 for information about volunteer opportunities with the USO of North Carolina.
Become a Volunteer Ambassador
The airport is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, regardless of weather conditions. RDU’s Information Desks operate from 5:30 a.m. to midnight every day. Volunteer Ambassadors are asked to donate at least one four-hour shift per week.
Volunteer Ambassadors must be able to:
- Work well with people
- Assist others
- Possess good communication skills
- Be reliable and committed
- Meet the demands of working in a dynamic and spacious airport environment
Volunteer Ambassadors may be responsible for:
- Responding to inquiries for flight information and assistance
- Providing directions to and from the airport to local tourist attractions and landmarks
- Providing information on accessing airport services and navigating the terminals and airport grounds
- Answering questions on transportation, hotel, dining and shopping options
- Passing along customer comments
Volunteer Ambassadors must complete an orientation that covers:
- Airline information
- Passenger support services
- Airport facility information and emergency procedures
- Local area information
Benefits of Volunteering at RDU
- Discounts on airport gift or food items
- Free parking in the employee parking lot
- Special recognition functions and service awards
- On-the-job accidental injury insurance coverage
Join RDU’s Team of Ambassadors
Becoming a Volunteer Ambassador is a rewarding experience. If you have an interest in helping others and in becoming a part of the airport community, please express your interest via email or call (919) 840-7425 and we will contact you when we have openings.
Individual volunteer applications are available for downloading. Please send completed and signed applications via email or to the address listed below.
Volunteer Ambassador Program
RDU International Airport
Attn. Carmen Watson, Guest Services Administrator
P.O. Box 80001
RDU Airport, NC 27623