Frequently Asked RDU Parking Questions
Below, find answers to the most frequently asked questions about parking at RDU. Visit our main FAQ page for answers to other questions about RDU.
- How do I know if I am in a daily or hourly parking area?
- If the top level of Terminal 2 Hourly is full, where should I park?
- What should I do if the daily parking areas near the terminals are full?
- Do you have long-term or short-term parking?
- Do you have a cell phone lot?
- Who do I contact if I am mischarged?
- How can I appeal a parking ticket?
- I have a question about RDU PASSPORT.
How do I know if I am in a daily or hourly parking area?
At the garage entry plaza, signs at each ticket dispenser indicate the type of parking and the rates for that location. Your parking ticket will also indicate either hourly or daily parking. If you enter a lot in error, drive to the exit and follow the signs that say “Return to Parking” to re-enter the lot. Visits under 15 minutes are free.
If the top level of Terminal 2 Hourly is full, where should I park?
The hourly parking lots never fill, but if there seems to be few spaces on the top level of Terminal 2 Hourly, take the first ramp down for two additional levels of parking.
What should I do if the daily parking areas near the terminals are full?
Daily parking between the terminals rarely fills, even during peak travel periods. However, when the lot is full, signs will guide you to our Park & Ride 3 lot.
- Hourly Parking, located in the garage between Terminals 1 and 2, is perfect for meeting or accompanying passengers inside the terminals or for other visits less than 12 hours.
- Daily Parking, located in the garage between Terminals 1 and 2, is a great long-term parking option close to the terminals.
- Park & Ride lots offer an economical long-term option with more than 7,000 spaces just a short shuttle ride from the terminals.
Do you have a cell phone lot?
Yes, our complimentary cell phone lot is located just a short distance from the terminals.
How can I appeal an parking ticket?
You can appeal a parking ticket received at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. This appeal form does not apply to moving violations received by RDU Police.
For other questions about RDU, please see our main Frequently Asked Questions page.