RDU Media Resources
The Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority’s Department of Communications and Community Affairs works with media outlets each day on stories about Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Below are some resources for covering stories at RDU.
- Media Contacts
- Media Filming at RDU
- RDU Facts
- Emergency Information
- Executive Leadership Team
- Airport Authority Board
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority Marketing Communications Department
The Airport Authority’s Marketing Communications Department provides information on the following:
- General operation of Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- Air Service, Parking, Development and Passenger Activity
- Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority meetings and actions
- RDU Police investigations
- Mindy Hamlin
Director, Communications and Community Affairs
- Andrew Sawyer
External Communications Specialist
For media inquiries after hours or on weekends and holidays, page (919) 981-2135 to reach our on-call representative.
Other Public Affairs Numbers
Several federal agencies have jurisdiction over various operational aspects of Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Below are their public affairs contact numbers.
- Federal Aviation Administration
The FAA handles inquiries related to air traffic control at Raleigh-Durham International Airport including specific aircraft operations and flight delays in the national system.
Southern Region: (404) 305-5100
National Headquarters: (202) 267-7311
- Transportation Security Administration
The TSA handles inquiries related to the security screening process at RDU.
Public Affairs Office: (571) 227-2829
After Hours: (877) 632-7327
Regional Public Affairs Office: (404) 460-2282
- National Transportation Safety Board
The NTSB handles inquiries related to major aircraft incidents.
National Headquarters: (202) 314-6100
- Air Transport Association: (202) 626-4172
- Association of Flight Attendants: (202) 328-5400
- Airline Pilots Association: (703) 481-4440