Public Safety and Security at RDU
Passenger safety is a priority at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Local and federal agencies onsite at the airport ensure that the airport is safe and secure.
For emergencies, call 919-840-2111
- Lost and found reunites passengers with their missing items.
- Safety precautions in place at RDU keep the airport secure during emergency situations.
- Backup generators and power sources ensure that the airport can remain open and operable in the midst of inclement weather and power outages.
- RDU’s Contingency Plan for Tarmac Delays addresses the airport’s approach to excessive tarmac delays.
- In the case of emergency situations such as a fire or terminal evacuation, announcements made in the terminals instruct passengers on what actions need to be taken.
- Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) are strategically located in both terminals.
- Fire extinguishers are located throughout the terminals and parking garages.