RDU Police Department
For emergencies, dial (919) 840-2111.
The Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority Police Department is a fully-accredited North Carolina law enforcement agency. RDU Police is responsible for ensuring visitors to Raleigh-Durham International Airport have a safe travel experience.
The agency’s jurisdiction extends beyond the airport’s terminals and includes all of the airport’s 5,000 acres of property including sections of major roadways around the airport.
The department includes a staff of 70 full- and part-time officers and support employees that perform a range of functions including foot and vehicle patrols, investigations, lost-and-found, special operations, traffic duties and more. RDU Police is headquartered in the Airport Operations Center with offices in each terminal. The department also includes training facilities located on airport grounds.
Lost and Found Information
Lost an item at RDU? RDU Police manages the airport lost and found.
Contact RDU Police
- RDU Emergency Communications
- Non-Emergency Police Assistance
- RDU Police Department Administration
8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
- RDU Police Anonymous Tip Line
- Upon arriving at the airport, follow signs for airport parking.
- Stay in the far left lane.
- Follow the sign that says Airport Exit and Park and Ride 3.
- Continue to stay in the left lane.
- The Airport Operations Center is the white building directly in front of you.
- The Police Department is to your left when you enter the building.